An non-exhaustive list of ideas I find interesting.
July 5, 2021
- Mapping 3 trillion cells of the human body and enabling simulations for drug discovery.
- Predicting cancer before it happens to increase survival rate 5-10X.
- Prolonging health span and lifespan.
- Distributed cloud infrastructure to connect diagnostic services from North America to developing countries. It's mind-blowing how many people still have to walk kilometers to the nearest hospital.
- Verilog is a language used for describing digital systems like a network switch or microprocessor. There are many analogs between synthetic biology and low-level hardware. Can we use Verilog to code biological circuits?
- Modular in-house robotics for common lab procedures.
- Can we develop a CAD program for engineering proteins?
- [And many more unrecorded ones]
If you are someone who is interested in and researched these areas, I'd love to learn from you! Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.